GPS News: Navman iCN320 and iCN 550
The French site Mobinaute, has interesting and exclusive news about the iCN 320 (330 euros) and the iCN 550 (799 Euros, 899 Euros with Traffic Feed), the new PIMs from Navman.
The gadgets will be released in Europe in the coming weeks as well as the US.
Overall, these look interesting, as the iCN320 is the low end one and the iCN 550 is the high end with an interesting feature that allows the user to change route, depending on traffic conditions. I have to say though that the feature set on the icN 320 is pretty low end.... I mean no USB, and a 2 hour battery life? Let's wait to verify these features before we write them off. The iCN 550 looks a bit more competitive with a hard drive and traffic data feeds.
What we know so far from the French Site:
Navman iCN 320 highlights
- it comes with a map of France (MMC card) - assume this will be a local map when launched here.
- display in 2D the next 2 directions changes
- regular screen (non Touch), interface via the keys
- 2 hour battery life - is this a misprint?!?!
- no USB port - Hummmm, did they steal this idea from the early 1990's?
Navman iCN 550 highlights :
- the nice feature here is the optional trafic managment system in real time via TMC
- compact and light: 175 grams
- touch screen
- slot SD/MMC,
- headset plug
- integrated 4GB hard drive with the complete maps for the 16 european countries from Tele Atlas, with 1 million european points of interest
- gas and parking key for direct access to gas station.
Read More in: GPS News | GPS Reviews | Navman GPS News | Navman GPS Reviews
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit GPS Lodge for all the latest news.
Posted by Scott Martin at September 2, 2005 8:25 PM
Anyone looking to buy a GPS be warned. I bought a Navman for the car and within 3 weeks it crapped out, no more touch screen. The store Dick Smith would not honor the guarantee, I had to send it off to Navman. It's been a month and no GPS and no news. We're not happy with this garbage and we don't usually complain. If you think you can phone and get news, just try it, but prepare yourself for disappointment. Any model Navman definitely not recommended.