Route 66 Announces the Mobile 7 GPS Package for Mobile Phones
ROUTE 66 announced the launch of ROUTE 66 Mobile 7 that determines its position using an advanced high sensitive wireless GPS receiver, guiding the user with turn-by-turn voice instructions and on-screen directions to its destination. A new navigation display has been developed providing users with all vital travel information on a single clear screen of their mobile phone including 3D map display, turn arrows and navigation guidance, as well as the ability to dial points of interest directly from the map.
In addition, ROUTE 66 Mobile 7 features the latest maps, driving directions enhanced with upcoming exit signs and continued guidance when GPS reception is temporarily lost for example in tunnels through ROUTE 66's new Extrapolated GPS (E-GPS) technology.
ROUTE 66 Mobile 7 features:
* providing users with a new navigation information bar which shows all vital travel information at a glance, including estimated time of arrival (ETA), remaining travel time, remaining travel distance, GPS signal strength and street name indication
* providing users with new pop-up alerts of upcoming turns
* using a high sensitive wireless GPS receiver which quickly re-establishes satellite connection following signal disruption when driving through tunnels, allowing users to concentrate fully on driving
* using ROUTE 66's new Extrapolated GPS (E-GPS) technology for GPS signal extrapolation in tunnels and urban canyons
* granting un-limited use of up-to-date map data to get users to their destinations as quickly and efficiently as possible without any subscription costs
* allowing users to set acoustic and visual alerts to avoid breaking speed limits in unknown areas
* enabling users to use keypad shortcuts for immediate access to features like 2D or 3D map display, night driving colors, latest voice instruction and zooming in/out on the map
* allowing users to select a wide range of languages for the user interface and voice driving instructions including English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, German, Greek, Finnish, French, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish and Swedish
* automatically re-calculating the route if a turn is missed and providing flexible travel options by selection of 1) the type of route (shortest/fastest), 2) the means of transport (car/truck/pedestrian) and 3) a virtually unlimited number of waypoints
* allowing users to use SMS style text inputs to the FuzzySearch address search engine, points of interest panel, contacts' addresses, favorites and history
* allowing users to make and receive telephone calls, identify points-of-interest details, including telephone numbers, to enable reservation bookings, this all at the touch of a button directly from the map
* displaying GPS data such as time, date, geographic co-ordinates, driving direction, altitude and number of visible satellites
ROUTE 66 Mobile 7 is compatible with all mobile phones featuring an external memory card slot (MMC Mobile), Bluetooth wireless technology and Symbian Series 60 operating system. This includes Nokia (3230, 6260, 6600, 6620, 6630, 6670, 6680, 6681, 6682, 7610, N70, N80, N90, N91). For an up-to-date list of compatible phones, see the Route 66 site. ROUTE 66 Mobile 7 is NOT compatible with Sony Ericsson, Nokia Series 80/90 and Microsoft Mobile mobile phones.
US Price $299 (Street) for the Route 66 Mobile 7
Read More in: GPS News | Mobile Phone GPS
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit GPS Lodge for all the latest news.
Posted by Scott Martin at November 17, 2005 9:09 PM