GPS Steals and Deals - 9/14
Prices dropped almost across the board on GPS units this week. "New Low Prices" showed up on Amazon, and let's hope they stick. Garmin dropped prices almost across the line with new low prices on a lot of models that are especially popular, like the Nuvi 700 series and the Nuvi 200W.
Standard Screens - 3.5-inch
- Garmin Nuvi 200 at Amazon - $159 - (Also $129 at Office Max - in store while supplies last) No Text to Speech, Continental US Maps, solid interface and routing. See My Full Review - Nuvi 200 for more info.
- Garmin Nuvi 350 - Still $199 this week; very hot prices point for this unit. North American Maps, Text to Speech, and 5+ Million Points of Interest. Want Bluetooth? Get the Nuvi 360 that adds Bluetooth Handsfree, for a few bucks more at - $214
- TomTom ONE 3rd ed. - $134 and Free Shipping at Amazon; Entry Level TomTom with Maps of North America, no Text to Speech.
- Garmin Nuvi 260 at Amazon - $202 Text to Speech, Maps of North America, solid interface. Same quality routing as Nuvi 200, just adds more maps and text to speech.
- The Mio Moov 200 is $129 at Circuit City this week. A second tier brand that offers reasonable performance for the price.
- Nuvi 760 - $349 - Down $25 this past week. - ($399 at Best Buy this week) Thin design with Text to Speech and Maps of North America. Route Optimization - plug in multiple stops and let the unit optimize the route for fastest planning, adds Bluetooth handsfree and built-in TMC traffic. See My Full Review of the Nuvi 760.
- Nuvi 750 - $309 Thin design with Text to Speech and Maps of North America. Route Optimization - plug in multiple stops and let the unit optimize the route for fastest planning. Doesn't have the Bluetooth, or the Traffic capability that the 760 has. (Also available at Circuit City for $399 this week!)
- Garmin Nuvi 780 - $446 Has MSN Direct 2, with traffic and gas prices sent to your GPS. See My Full Review of the Nuvi 780 for more information.
- Garmin Nuvi 260W - $242 at Amazon; Text to Speech and a dead easy interface.
- Nuvi 650 at Amazon $239. Text to Speech, North American Maps, See My Full Review - Nuvi 660, which is the same model with the addition of the TMC Traffic, which is the main feature not included on the Nuvi 650.
- Nuvi 200W at Amazon $169 (Down $40 this week) - No Text to Speech, Continental US Maps. See My Full Review - Nuvi 200W.
- Nuvi 660 at Amazon $299; still best seller at Amazon - Down $30 in recent weeks - Text to Speech, North American Maps, TMC Traffic Capability included. See My Full Review - Nuvi 660
- TomTom ONE XL 330 - $199 (Down $30 this week) - Is the new Basic Widescreen for the TomTom line, Maps of North America, new Easy Port fold flat mount, and no text to speech - Move up to the TomTom ONE XL 330S for Text to Speech at $246
- TomTom GO 730 - $339 (Down $60 this week)-New IQ Routes, Text to Speech, and more. Maps of North America.
Surging in popularity the Forerunners continue to be popular. The Forerunner 405 is still very hot, and Garmin announced recently that this reinvigorated Fitness line grew sales by 50% over year ago.
- Garmin Forerunner 405 is available now at $349. - the watch-like GPS enabled fitness device has a smaller design with all kinds of functionality, including wireless sharing.
- Forerunner 305 - $205 at Amazon - Heart Rate Monitor with wrist-mounted GPS Receiver, tracks distance and keeps your speed and pace. Syncs to computer for training records.
- Forerunner 205 - $138 at Amazon - Wrist-mounted GPS Receiver, no Heart Rate Monitor. Tracks distance and keeps your speed and pace. Syncs to computer for training records.
Read More in: GPS Rebates and Sales
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit GPS Lodge for all the latest news.
Posted by Scott Martin at September 14, 2008 11:52 AM